Tuesday, January 18, 2005

If I'm Not Blogging, I'm Probably Not Thinking

Or, at least, if I'm not writing, somewhere. That's been the problem all along with maintaining a weblog; it's not the only place I write. It's been a slow weekend. Oh, I posted a little on Beliefnet, and I've had some private correspondence, but overall my brain has been as slow as this month's molasses.

My Unenrolled Baha'i group has been mysteriously shut down in what is probably one of Yahoo's frequent technical difficulties; the message says to contact them if it continues for 48 hours. I'm very proud of that group, which is primarily for the support of disillusioned Baha'is. I pretty much said all I had to say about issues concerning the Baha'i administration, and quite some time ago felt that I was just becoming repetitive, but the need that some folks have out there for support is ongoing. Even if I've heard similar stories, and it's not necessarily new to me, the experience of being able to speak openly to someone about these problems, without fear of somebody putting them down for it, is new and liberating to them. The group has between 100 and 120 subscribers, and there never seems to be a lack of new ones. Besides writing, offering that kind of support is what I do best, and it's one of the things that keeps me out here.

I have noted the creation of weblogs by some of the more radical folks that hang in Baha'i cyberspace, which is all to the good, since these folks like to rant more than they like to converse, and a blog is the perfect place for that.

I was trying to summon up the energy to do a bit on the various protests that are planned for the inaugeration -- which I think are mostly silly. You know, folks, we lost; we can at least be good sports about it. (Just because the Right would have been even nastier if Kerry had won is no excuse.) If one wants to protest against Bush, I can think of better things to do it about than the lavishness of his inaugeration expenditures. My favorite idea comes from
Publius at Legal Fiction
, who plans to mark the day by watching the entire Lord of the Rings series and eating pizza. The picture of the Eye of Sauron atop the White House was a nice touch.

Hoping for better thoughts soon.

No comments: